Latest News StoriesBack to headlines
VIVID CHIEF GATHERS ELITE BAND OF ADULT MOVIE DIRECTORS FOR ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION ON FUTURE OF THE INDUSTRY ON VIVID RADIO
Program to Air Friday April 18th at 1 pm PT
HOLLYWOOD – (April 16, 2014) – Steven Hirsch, founder and co-ceo of Vivid Entertainment, will host six powerful adult movie directors for a Vivid Radio roundtable discussion of the future of adult entertainment. The CEO Roundtable program with co-host Paul Fishbein will air Friday April 18th at 1pm PT on Sirius XM Channel 102.
Hirsch and Fishbein will trace the modern evolution of adult entertainment and look into the future through the eyes of six of its most significant players:
* Paul (P.T.) Thomas is an AVN and XRCO hall of fame inductee and winner of countless awards for best-selling movies such as Debbie Does Dallas Again. A former actor in mainstream films, including Jesus Christ Superstar, Thomas has acted in over 500 and directed more than 300 adult films.
* Andrew Blake, also an AVN and XRCO hall of fame member, calls his films “erotic fashion.” His movies have been described as "lavishly produced and lovingly edited.”
* Ed Powers, owner of Ed Powers Productions, both directs and acts in adult films. He is best known for the “Dirty Debutantes” series, is a member of the XRCO Hall of Fame and has won numerous AVN awards.
* Joanna Angel, a Brooklyn-born former kosher food restaurant worker and topless dancer, is known as one of the creators of the “alt-porn” genre. She owns the Burning Angel website, has won numerous industry awards and in 2011 was named by CNBC as one of the 12 most popular stars in porn. She also hosts a program on Vivid Radio, Lewd, Screwed and Tattooed.
* Jules Jordan, winner of countless industry awards including best director by both AVN and XRCO, owns Jules Jordan Video. He is known for his zero tolerance position on video piracy of porn content and has launched numerous law suits that have resulted in multi-million dollar awards and settlements.
* Axel Braun, known as the “king of porn parodies,” is the son of legendary porn-pioneer Lasse Braun. Fluent in five languages, a member of MENSA, a film-school graduate, and the bearer of a Ph.D. in psychology, Braun has won dozens of awards for directing, producing, screenwriting, and editing, including four consecutive Director of the Year AVN awards.
“This may be one of the most remarkable Vivid Radio programs so far,” says Hirsch. “Paul and I will really get these people talking and people who are looking for what’s next in the adult industry will get some solid answers during this show.”
About Vivid: Founded in 1984, vertically integrated Vivid Entertainment is the leading source for quality erotic film entertainment and has created wide brand-name awareness through its films, innovative marketing and licensing programs. Vivid-branded products range from condoms and apparel to vodka, to name a few. This year Vivid licensed its powerful brand for gentlemen's clubs and opened locations in Charlotte, Miami, Los Angeles and New York with commitments in a host of other major cities. Vivid's movies are seen online, in DVD, VOD and now on its own network, Vivid TV in over 60 million homes nationwide, as well as in Europe, Canada and Latin America, with new cable systems launching monthly. Its Vivid-Celeb imprint made "celebrity sex tape" a household word and helped launch the Kardashian phenomenon in the process. Vivid is the most awarded studio in the history of the industry and its high-budget productions remain the most acclaimed couples-friendly adult films ever produced. Vivid Radio—Vivid’s 24/7 radio channel—airs on SiriusXM Channel 102. Mainstream television audiences got to know the company through two seven-part series on Showtime, as well as through publications ranging from The New York Times to Forbes and on TV networks from CNBC to ABC. Vivid founder/co-chairman Steven Hirsch recently received the first AVN Visionary Award as a leader who "has propelled innovation, and taken his company and the business to whole new heights."
- 10.21.2014ALEXIS AMORE AND APRIL FLORES TO HAVE THEIR OWN SHOWS ON VIVID RADIO
- 10.17.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR OCTOBER 17, 2014
- 10.15.2014VIVID WINS BOTH FAN CHOICE AND EDITOR’S CHOICE RECOGNITION AT 22ND ANNUAL NIGHTMOVES ® AWARDS IN TAMPA
- 10.15.2014M7 GROUP INKS AGREEMENT WITH VIVID ENTERTAINMENT FOR EUROPEAN TV LAUNCH
- 10.10.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR OCTOBER 10, 2014
- 10.07.2014Notorious Dominatrix Mistress C to Be Featured Guest on Christy Canyon’s Vivid Radio Show on Oct. 9th
- 10.07.2014Vivid Entertainment Set To Launch VividTV Europe Linear Channel on Nov. 1st
- 10.03.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR OCTOBER 3, 2014