Latest News StoriesBack to headlines
50 Writers Join The Conversation On E.L. James’ Fifty Shades Trilogy In New Book Fifty Writers On Fifty Shades Of Grey
Vivid Entertainment’s Marci Hirsch Contributes Her Personal View
LOS ANGELES – (Sept. 12, 2012) --Over the past year, sex toy sales have skyrocketed, the term “mommy porn” has been popularized, and erotic novels have replaced the Bible in some hotels, all because of o¬ne little book: Fifty Shades of Grey. Author E.L. James has sparked a cultural revolution with her Fifty Shades trilogy, changing the way people think about everything from fan fiction and erotica, to BDSM and relationships. It’s the series people can’t stop talking about, because there’s so much to say.
• The editor who “discovered” Fifty Shades of Grey back when it was Masters of the Universe, Tish Beaty
• Marci Hirsch, the surprisingly romantic production executive at Vivid Entertainment, the world’s leading adult film studio
• Writer Jennifer Sanzo, who says Christian isn’t a possessive, bossy control-freak—he’s an old-school Byronic hero
• Master R of BDSM training chateau La Domaine Esemar, who evaluates Christian Grey’s skill as a Dominant, and offers some professional advice
• Matrimonial lawyer Sherri Donovan, who examines the legalities of Christian’s BDSM contract, and shares her recommendations for Ana
And many more, including:
Sylvia Day, Heather Graham, Andrew Shaffer, M.J. Rose, Sinnamon Love, Judith Regan
Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey will give those who loved the books a chance to linger in Christian and Ana’s world, while giving those who had mixed feelings on the series a way to understand its staggering popularity, and appreciate its impact.
About the EditorLori Perkins is the Editorial Director of Ravenous Romance, and has been a literary agent for 20 years. She was awarded the Outstanding Achievement as an Author Representative award by Romantic Times magazine as well as the Agent of the Year award from the Romance Writers of America’s NYC chapter.
Perkins wrote The Insider's Guide to Getting an Agent (Writers Digest Books), and has edited twenty erotica anthologies and more than 100 erotic novels, as well as published erotica under a pseudonym.
She has taught writing and editing as an adjunct professor at NYU's Center for Publishing for two decades.
About Smart PopSmart Pop is the pop culture imprint of Dallas-based publisher BenBella Books. Our mission is to publish smart, fresh nonfiction titles on television, books, and film. You can find more online at smartpopbooks.com.
Title: Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey
Editor: Lori Perkins
Publisher: Smart Pop (An Imprint of BenBella Books), distributed by Perseus Distribution
Publication: November 20, 2012, $14.95 (CAN $17.50), Paper, ISBN: 978-1-937856-42-7
Fiction/Literature, 304 pages, 5 1/2 x 8 1/4
Available at bookstores everywhere and through Perseus Distribution
Toll-free number for orders only:1-800-343-4499.
Contact: Heather Butterfield
Smart Pop Books
- 10.17.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR OCTOBER 17, 2014
- 10.15.2014VIVID WINS BOTH FAN CHOICE AND EDITOR’S CHOICE RECOGNITION AT 22ND ANNUAL NIGHTMOVES ® AWARDS IN TAMPA
- 10.15.2014M7 GROUP INKS AGREEMENT WITH VIVID ENTERTAINMENT FOR EUROPEAN TV LAUNCH
- 10.10.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR OCTOBER 10, 2014
- 10.07.2014Notorious Dominatrix Mistress C to Be Featured Guest on Christy Canyon’s Vivid Radio Show on Oct. 9th
- 10.07.2014Vivid Entertainment Set To Launch VividTV Europe Linear Channel on Nov. 1st
- 10.03.2014VIVID STUDIO INSIDER FOR OCTOBER 3, 2014
- 09.30.2014TERA PATRICK’S GUEST HOSTING GIG ON VIVID RADIO IS EXTENDED THROUGH OCTOBER BY FAN DEMAND